Butterfly Festival Has Something to Offer Everyone
This year’s Mariposa Butterfly Festival takes place on Earth Day Weekend, April 23-24. There is a lot for everyone to experience, including an Exotic Bird and Animal Expo and the 2nd Annual Classic Car and Truck Show.
In Building B at the Mariposa County Fairgrounds there is Jurassic Mariposa, Dinosaur-Butterfly Roundup where children can take a virtual ride around the world on a ‘dinosaur butterfly,’ Earth Day movies, and the Patriotic Art of Joe Pisano to name a few.
The Mariposa Lions Club is hosting its 2nd Annual Corn Hole Competition and much, much more for everyone to discover and participate in.
There is a nominal admission charge to the event this year. Tickets are $3 each or two for $5. Children under age 12 and admitted free.
The following is the schedule for the popular two-day event at the Mariposa Fairgrounds:
Saturday, April 23 – Downtown:
-Downtown: 10 AM – The World-Famous Mariposa Butterfly Festival Parade begins featuring Hanna Wackerman and Trace DeSandres as the host of this classic event. Gail Dreifus and Melissa Rowney will be singing the Star Spangle Banner.
Fairgrounds: 10 AM – The 2022 Mariposa Butterfly Festival opens at the Mariposa County Fairgrounds. Children 12 and younger are free while 13 and older the tickets are only $3 or 2 for $5.
Special events at the Mariposa Butterfly Festival for Saturday
- 11 AM – 3 PM – The Front lawn of The Festival – The 2nd Annual Mariposa Butterfly Festival Classic Car and Truck Show commences with the band, “Yard Dogs” playing for the four-hour event.
- 11 AM – The Lions Club’s Annual Corn Hole Contest commences behind Building B.
- 1 PM – Skydive Yosemite presents skydiving above the Mariposa Butterfly Festival. A skydiver with a giant American flag soars across the sky and lands at in the stadium area.
- 3 PM – Front lawn of the Festival – The winner of the 21-speed Electric Mountain Bike will be named followed by the winners of the car show.
- 4:30 PM – Skydive Yosemite presents Skydiving. A skydiver with a giant American flag soars across the sky and lands on the Front Lawn of the Festival.
Music Schedule for Saturday, April 23
11 – 3 PM – “Yard Dogs” from the Raymond neck of the woods will be center stage at the car show singing classic rock and 80’s to modern country music.
The Amigo Stage
11 – 11:45 PM – “UPS Sue and Her Dancing Crew” will teach the audience how to Line Dance.
12 – 12:50 PM – “Ukeladies and Gents” from Mariposa, California singing her favorite tunes while strumming their ukuleles.
1:15 – 2 PM – Local radio station KRYZ, 9835 jockeys play their favorite music for the audience.
2:15 – 3 PM – “Little Tiger” from Mariposa, California featuring Mandy Vance and Adam burns singing indie rock music. Even when exploring darker themes in their music, their ultimate goal is connection their audience to the inherent hope and joy that inspires them.
3:15 – 4:40 PM – “Rabia” the duo from Oakland, California will sing the blues like you have never heard before.
5:00 – 5:50 PM – “Scott Patrick” is a favorite country artist from Mariposa.
6 – 8 PM – The Main evening attraction, “Cloudship” is a popular Rock ‘n Soul band from Fresno. The duo uses multi-tasking and unique equipment to generate more sound than you’d think two guys could. You will love them.
Beer and Wine Garden Schedule for Saturday, April 23
12:30 – 2 PM – “John Webb” from Modesto, California will entertain you with his magnificent voice that will remind you of the great crooners of the past.
2:30 – 3:30 PM – “Cheyenne” from Mariposa, California will be singing will and inspiring mix of folk, Latin, pop and reggae.
3:30 – 4:30 PM – Open Mic. All are welcome.
4:30 – 6 PM – “Mike and Gail” from Fresno and Mariposa, California singing indie-folk.
6:15 – 8 PM – “Jett Davidson” – From Petaluma, California singing Americana and originals.
- Festival closes for the evening at 8 pm.
Sunday, April 24 the Festival opens at 10 AM
Special Events on The Front Lawn for Sunday
- 12 – 3 PM – Aerialists Carissa McKee, Brittany Kitchen, Meaghan McCreedy, Yadi Yvette, and Heather Irvin will be performing. Come watch them flip and fly and ask them about their ever-growing aerial program.
- 1:30 PM –Skydive Yosemite presents Skydiving. A skydiver with a giant American flag will be soaring the skies above the Fairgrounds and land on the front lawn.
The Amigo Stage
11 – 11:45 AM – “UPS Sue and Her Dancing Crew” will teach the audience how to Line Dance.
12:15 – 1:30 PM – “Chris Diver Band” from Fresno, California sings a variety of styles, 90′ country, original and alternative rock.
1:45 – 3:00 PM – “JNX” a family band from Mariposa, California is returning with their own special metal genre and original songs.
At the Beer and Wine Gardens
12:00 – 1:00 PM – “Cheyenne” from Mariposa, California will be singing a fun and inspiring mix of folk, Latin, pop and reggae with a twist of rock.
1:15 – 2:15 PM – “Lo Noon” from Fresno, California. An edgy folk/rock group who weave harmonies from English to Spanish keeping with their Central Valley roots.
2:30 – 3:45 PM – “Andy Robertson and the Jespersons” from Mariposa, California sing Americana and bluegrass music.